Congratulations on your new home! Please find below a number of issues you have to take care of when moving.

Requesting Gas and Electricity Supply

You are personally responsible for notifying your gas and electricity supplier of your move, and for providing the supplier with the gas and electricity meter readings, both when you move in and when you move out. You are free to select an energy supplier of your choice.


We advise you to take out contents insurance. This means that you will be insured for fire, water damage and theft.

Municipal Registration

Within a few days of moving, you and your co-habitants/children have to register yourselves at the town hall as residents at your new home address. You will need (a copy of) your tenancy agreement and a DigiD.

If you are moving within or to Amsterdam, please visit the following website for more information here.

Cable Television, Telephone, Internet

You are responsible for contacting a provider of your choice for your cable television, telephone and internet connections. Please do bear in mind that a new connection may easily take 4 weeks to organise, and that you will be charged a connection fee.

AHAM Vastgoed ensures that the meter cupboard in renovated appartments in Amsterdam is equipped with a Ziggo connection.

Handover of the accommodation

We endeavour to hand over the accommodation free of any faults. However, if there are any handover issues and/or technical queries, please report these to us within 14 days from taking possession by e-mailing:

We will liaise with you to have the faults repaired as soon as possible. This e-mail address is only intended for faults at the time of the handover.

Have you already been in possession of the keys to your new accommodation for more than one month? If that is the case, you can report your technical query as a repair. For more information, please refer to the menu ‘Accomocation and repairs’.